Thursday, April 20, 2006

It could be a hell of a lot worse


Another cool day at the office. Nothing in particular to do except making a few financial advisement calls to people. Took a 1 hour 40 minute lunch today. Nobody cared. Was having lunch with Anna, an old colleague of mine.
Our situations are totally different but at the same time very similar. We are both deeply unsatisfied with our jobs, but indifferent from my situation where I have nothing to do she´s got to much to do.

"Is this how it´s always going to be? I guess it takes a year before you grow unsatisfied with what you do, then you just get miserable. Is it me or the work I do?" She asked.

"We´re just unlucky" I answered. It´s a bloody strange world we live in. In one end of the world you have people complaining about the lack of freedom of speech, which in our case is just a few hundred miles away in Belarus. In another you have people that rarely surpass the age of 40 and live in poverty (Zimbabwe).

It´s odd. I try to remember that it could be a hell of a lot worse when I look at my desk.

Two hours until I get to go home. Got to find a new direction in life. This is to cosy and predictable.
I miss mom often, wherever she is I hope she can have a protecting shadow over me. I seem to need it.

Got to go back surfing the net... sorry... work. = )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home