Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Actually quite funny

Todays joke in the worlds most ineffective workplace was... well... like everything else here totally unbelivable.

With heavy steps and the song "run" by Air going through my mind I was heading for the entrance of my office. I saw it already on the outside, the president, the vice president and their head asskisser where standing there waiting to greet me!

What in the name of god is this? was my first thought.
"congratulations!" they said and shook my hand.
"Fantastic work" they said and clapped my back.
"You are invaluable" they said and hung a chocolate medal around my neck.

Apparantly we have been named the pensioncompany of the year for the fourth year running by some obscure, small economical, magazine. Thing is, you cant read anything about it there, and the reasons to why we are given the prize are pretty foggy to say the least.
And since we dont even get mentioned in bigger more serious magazine or tabloids... Well, it´s probably not so impossible that we buy these kind of awards *wink, wink*.

Well, with my chocolate medal and a giggling laughter to all the idiocy I take the elevator and walk to my place. There I see the next comical gift of the day. It´s a videotaped message from the president of our company who just greeted me with a "fantastic work" and gave me my chocolate medal.
He stands there, shifting from left to right, right to left all the time, causing me to get slightly seasick and in the background I can hear our companyrestaurant clearing out their dishes. The sound is so weak and eerie that you get the impression of someone reporting from Afghanistan if you shut your eyes.

I start to laugh. I have received my chocolate medal, my videotaped message and all my congratulations.
But none of them know what my name is or what I really do or how totally comical this place is.

3 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha that's some funny shit right there :D chocolate medal??? WTF! of course they don't know your name or know what the hell you're doing for them! shit, you could just be a random guy from the street... maybe i could get a chocolate medal too? :D

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to mention, i got this greeting at work today http://www.fazed.org/video/?id=276

thing is, i really like my job :D

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

naiiiice new design man.

can you also tweak the site so that the comment window pops up, instead of loading the whole comment page on the same page.

u dig?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home